Saturday, October 25, 2008

Halloween Popcorn



My girls are really into after-school snacks. They like me to set up place mats, use folded napkins, and pretend like I am their chef/waiter. Here is a quick and easy snack I made the other day that was fun with Halloween looming so close.
There are lots of different colors of candy melts out there. This can be modified to work for any number of holidays.

Halloween Popcorn

5 cups air-popped popcorn-1/3 cup of unpopped kernels makes approx. 5 cups popped corn
1/3 cup each of orange and purple candy melts

Place candy melts in separate bowls and microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted to a nice pouring consistency.
Place popcorn in a large bowl. Pour one color candy melts ontp popcorn and toss with hands to combine. Let set up for 2-3 minutes. Repeat process with second color of candy melts. Let popcorn set up for about 5 minutes. My kids were impatient so I stuck mine in the fridge for about 2 minutes and that worked well.
Serve and enjoy!

3 comments:

Natalie Que said...

Thanks for the comments on the cake! This popcorn looks great, I'm such a huge fan of dressed up popcorn!

Robyn said...

Yumm...Yumm...Yumm! I would end up eating it all and my little boys who eat like birds would have a few tastes. Looks delicious!

Bec said...

Your girls are so silly... and the popcorn sounds creative, festive, yet fairly easy (my kind of recipe!). Again- thanks. ;)