Monday, March 2, 2009

Crispy Chocolate Marshmallow Treats

Well, for any of you who know me you know that I can't stay away from the treats for long so here is another one for you. Again it is from Everyday Food, and they are super-yummy!


Crispy Chocolate Marshmallow Treats

6 Tbs. butter plus more for the pan
1 bag (10.5 oz) mini marshmallows
1/4 cl unsweetened cocoa
6 c. crisp rice cereal
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside
2- In a large saucepan, combine butter, marshmallows, and cocoa. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until melted, about 6 minutes; stir in rice cereal. Press rice mixture into prepared pan; drizzle with melted chocolate. (I couldn't get mine to "drizzle". It blobbed. So I just spread it on like frosting). Let cool at room temp; cut into bars and serve. Yum!


3 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

ooooh yummy, what a great idea!

Bec said...

Holy CRAP! That's a lot of butter! But holy CRAP those look yummy! :) They're beautiful. And most definitely making my tummy grumble. Mmm... chocolate.

Robyn said...

Where is the cat!? My kids are yelling for the kitty.