Monday, September 22, 2008

Lemon Bars


I found this blog: For The Love of Cooking and on it, this recipe for lemon bars. The picture does not do it justice. These things are amazing! Lemon and coconut- it is a perfect combination. We ate the whole pan in one night.

Crust:
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1/2 cup of powder sugar
  • 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 stick of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the 8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. To make crust combine flour, powder sugar and salt in a bowl. Add butter pieces and mix with hands until crumbly. Press evenly into the bottom of your baking pan. Bake until lightly golden, about 18-20 minutes. Set crust aside.

Filling:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup of white sugar
  • 2 tbsp of flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp lemon zest, diced finely
  • 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • Sweetened shredded coconut for garnish
To make filling whisk together eggs, sugar, flour and salt. Add lemon zest and juice and mix until combined thoroughly. Pour over hot crust. Bake 15-18 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely before sprinkling with shredded coconut. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. It makes my day that you tried my recipes and liked them. Your lemon bars turned out beautiful! Weren't they so tasty?

CECIL said...

Come across your blog from Hot Garlic. I love lemon bars, since I dont have much of sweet tooth, lemon bars is high high up on my dessert list.

Maria said...

The bars look excellent! I want to try the pumpkin bread too. I love GH!

Natalie Que said...

I saw these too! They look really, really good. Pam always posts the best stuff, she's great.

Glad the pointers helped! Good luck!