Tuesday, September 22, 2009

French Toast

Shawn is the master of French Toast. He taught me how to make it when we first got married. I continue to use the same method 10 years later. Thanks honey!

French Toast

2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla (or almond) extract
Dash of cinnamon
1 loaf good quality white bread

Crack eggs into a shallow bowl or container. (I use a square Tupperware made for holding sandwiches). Beat eggs thoroughly. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Beat into eggs. Beat in milk.
Working one slice of bread at a time, coat each side of bread in egg mixture. Place on a hot griddle heated to approximately 300 degrees. Cook until lightly brown, then flip and repeat. Serve toast hot with butter, syrup, powdered sugar, and jam. Very yummy, and fairly fast. Or make it for brinner. We love that at our house.

3 comments:

Bec said...

I love French Toast. It was my favorite food all through childhood and is still among the top few. Vanilla makes or breaks it, I think. I often forget to add that, but it really makes it scrumptious. Also, I like to sprinkle a TINY bit of nutmeg on top, too. Not too much, though, or all you taste is nutmeg. Heaven forbid we take away from the syrup! ;) Great post.

Andrea said...

We love french toast too. Try sprinkling some nutmeg in too. We love the cinnamon & nutmeg combo, once we tried that we could never go back! I'll be over for breakfast...

Hillary said...

Yummy! This is Nathan's favorite breakfast. Wish we could get some of that yummy Grandmas brand bread here in Louisiana! The Best!